Scolton Manor is a traditional Victorian manar house set in sixty acres of park just outside Haverfordwest
It built in 1842, by the local architects William and James Owen. It was purchased by Pembrokeshire County Council in 1972. Up until that point it had been home to successive generations of the Higgon family.
Scolton Manor was as a convalescence hospital in the Second World War and is now home to the county museum, the house has recently been fully restored in its original Victorian splendor, while retaining the upstairs downstairs division.
As well as the house there is a stable block , steam engine, exhibition hall and tea rooms. It’s a great day out from Poppit.
Museum: Open every day 10.30am – 5.30pm April – October
For further information telephone 01437 731328